Wednesday 27 February 2013

Brilliant class starship - more views!

Some more views of my Brilliant Class design.  I'm in the process of refining the model (built using Sketchup) with a view to pulling blueprints from it and building a physical model.

The overall shapes are where I want them to be.  Engine nacelles and pylons are complete except for minor greebles.  Engineering is next in line for attention as I detail the shuttle bay and cargo area.  Lots of tidy up needed to make sure fillets terminate properly and to add all of the surface detail needed on a Trek ship i.e. lifeboat hatches, windows, phaser arrays, transporter emitters etc.






2 comments:

  1. She looks very good!
    No more updates? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work! I found the pic of your class over on the banner of the Starship Modeler page and crowdsourced an ID to find out more about it. Did you ever end up making a model for it? I like how it feels like an updated TNG design midway point between the Galaxy and the Sovereign era designs. I especially like that you kept the Galaxy style nacelle bussard collectors and didn't partition them out like on the 1701E and other later designs.

    ReplyDelete